PICKLED BANANA PEPPERS RECIPE!
Jul 16, 2020
Summer time brings lots of peppers in our garden. Peppers of all types are a favorite at our house so we tend to plant many and I like to find different ways to eat them. I pickled some for the first time and brought you the recipe in case you'd like to try. It's super easy and fits the bill when you need to add something tangy to a meal. Banana peppers are good on sandwiches, on top of pizza, or straight out of the jar. This variety of pepper is also known as the yellow wax pepper or Hungarian pepper.
Pickled Banana Peppers
Ready in 20 minutes
- Banana peppers (about 10 = 1 pound)
- Garlic 1-2 cloves
- Distilled white vinegar 3 cups
- Water 2 cups
- Salt 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Wash and slice 1 pound of banana peppers.
- Peel and smash a clove or two of garlic. Put in a glass mason jar and then add the sliced peppers.
- In a medium pot bring 3 cups vinegar and 2 cups water to boil. Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour pickling liquid over top of peppers in the jar. For crisper peppers allow liquid to cool before pouring over top.
- That’s it! I find the peppers taste good after sitting in the refrigerator overnight and even better after 24 hours.
Try these on top of pizza, salads, sandwiches, or straight out of the jar.
Until next time,
Be Fit, Be Strong,
Want to know the latest happenings around The Fit Massage Therapist?
Come hang with us, where we are happy and massaging pain-free.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.