With a heat wave hitting us this week I broke out an old recipe that sounded good and I know my family loves it. Frozen bananas! With dark chocolate of course because chocolate makes everything better. There is something about a frozen banana that tastes better than a regular banana. Maybe it's just me but if you haven't eaten one give this super easy recipe a try. Seriously, two ingredients and you're done.
Ready in 10 minutes
1. Cover cookie sheet with wax paper
2. Peel bananas. Cut bananas in half and insert stick or slice bananas. (My family likes the banana bites better than the half banana on a stick.)
3. Melt chocolate in double broiler or microwave in safe dish. (I used a microwave safe steamer which makes melting super fast. Pampered Chef Large Micro Cooker)
4. Dip banana into chocolate and place on wax paper. Spooning chocolate over the banana works too. (You can freeze the banana prior to dipping but it's not necessary.)
5. Place cookie sheet holding chocolate bananas into freezer for at least 2 hours.
6. Store in covered container in freezer and you have a ready treat on hand when needed.
There are many fun toppings you can roll your banana in after dipping in chocolate. Crushed nuts, sprinkles, and shredded coconut are a few ideas. White chocolate swirled on top looks pretty. The options are yours to imagine.
Until next time
Be Fit, Be Strong and stay cool
Come hang with us, where we are happy and massaging pain-free.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.